So my debut novella Tribesmen has been out for a full month now and I couldn’t be happier with the reception it’s garnered so far. Not only have there been several generous write ups around the web (e.g. here and here, with a piece on the launch of Ravenous Shadows at Publishers Weekly), but the book’s also been picked up by kickass writer Duane Swierczynski who called it “Sick and sardonic and just plain brilliant.”
Over the past month I’ve been wracking my brain to come up with an appropriately fun and fierce way to promote this fun and fierce little book, and I think I’ve settled on something you’ll enjoy.
I own a lot of movies. Considering that this is the era of streaming media, some would say that I own too many movies.
One thing’s certain: I’ve got to do some spring cleaning and that’s where you folks come in!
From now until April 3rd I’m going to be running a giveaway, where the prize will be a bunch of genre DVDs from my private collection. Let me be clear that these will be store-bought discs (some slightly used).
Here’s what you’ll win:
- One Grand Prize winner will get no less than three (3!) DVDs (possibly a Blu-ray too, if they’ve got the equipment) from my personal collection.
- One Runner-up will receive a single DVD from my stash.
Here’s how it gets even better:
- For every tenth person (not number of entries, but individual entrants) that enters the giveaway, I will add one additional disc to the grand prize pool and there will be another runner-up winner.
How to enter-
- The “no purchase necessary” option: For one (1) entry you can either mention this contest on your blog/website (leave a comment below with a link to where I can find it and how I can get in touch with you if you win) or you can send out this tweet, verbatim:
Vampires suck and zombies can bite me. Cannibals are the new hotness in TRIBESMEN by @Adam_Cesare http://amzn.to/xaaGfj
If you want to increase your odds of winning, you can pick up a copy of the book and enter in three more ways:
- For two (2) entries, you can purchase a copy of Tribesmen for your kindle or nook and then forward me your receipt to adamcesare [at] gmail dot com (replacing that at with an @ symbol).
- If you wanted to go for four (4) entries, buy the book through amazon, read it, and then leave a short, honest review for other customers to read. Someone who leaves a glowing review will get you just as many entries as someone who thinks that I’m mediocrity incarnate. Be honest and play fair!
- Not only do I stand by my own work, but I stand by the work of my fellow Ravenous Shadows writers as well. John Skipp has put together an amazing starting lineup, so you can also get two (2) additional entries into the contest if you buy any of the other books from the imprint.These are: Eric Shapiro’s The Devoted, Jan Kozlowski’s Die, You Bastard! Die! and Mikita Brottman’s House of Quiet Madness.
I will keep track of entries and use a random number generator to decide upon a winner on the night of April 3rd. This contest is open to everyone (even Brits and Canadians, the book’s available pretty much worldwide) with the obvious exception of my family and fellow Ravenous Shadows authors who are listed above (reviewing your own books sounds unethical).
Be sure to follow me on twitter @Adam_Cesare, because as more people begin to enter I may drop hints as to what kind of crazy crap the winner will be receiving.